What We Do
Our Forestry team is passionate about working collaboratively and creatively with you to solve complex forest management challenges in the most efficient and cost-effective way. Our goal is to help you increase your bottom line, reduce your pains and strengthen your business.
We’ve been able to achieve this for our clients through proven approaches to complex problem solving, our expertise in connecting strategic and tactical planning, and our proficiency in process innovation, technical innovation and business innovation.
We understand the issues faced by forestry companies in keeping costs down while also trying to grow and monitor their forest in a sustainable way.
We can create, model, analyze and visualize data for you to inform your decision making while also helping you find the balance between social, environmental and economic challenges, resulting in better outcomes for all.
Our pursuit for innovation, combined with our analytical experience, and history utilizing advanced technology, positions our diverse team of professionals to solve today’s forest management challenges in ways others can’t.
Our multi-disciplinary team consists of Registered Professional Foresters, Project Managers, Forest Technicians, Resource Analysts, Statisticians and GIS Specialists.
We are world-leading experts in all facets of forest management planning, including:
- Management plan development
- Project management
- Net land base development
- Yield curve creation
- Timber supply analysis (Allowable Annual Cut (AAC))
- VOITs analysis
- Non-timber value assessments
- Landscape assessment
- Operational spatial sequencing
- Cycle time analysis
- Operational planning
We’ve been at the forefront of forest estate modelling for decades and have extensive capabilities in:
- Inventory modelling and analysis
- Informing managers and investors
- Spatial optimization or simulation, using Woodstock or Patchworks
- Option summarization
- Asset reporting
- Cost and revenue incorporation
We’re driven to solve complex data challenges related to your forest. Some examples of work we regularly complete include:
- Statistical modelling and prediction
- Summary visualization
- Log diet and piece size analysis
- Cycle time determination and assessments
- Operational volume exploration
- Incorporating all data sets (LiDAR, SGM, etc.)
- Biomass and carbon assessments
Bridging the gap between strategic and tactical is something that we excel at. Some of our expertise in this space includes:
- Short-term and mid-term tactical planning
- Modelling with Woodstock and Patchworks
- Road optimization modelling
- Cut block optimization modelling
- Sequence assessments
- Detailed block layer
We do more than "on-time and on-budget" project management by working with you and becoming part of your team. We strive for continual improvement and ultimately, client satisfaction, through:
- Complete project management
- Task tracking and status reporting
- Communications and visualizations of project plans
- Geospatial mapping
- Stakeholder and Indigenous engagement and presentations
Beyond the main service offerings listed, we regularly complete a wide array of professional outputs for our clients, such as:
- Annual reports for certification and regulatory bodies
- Detailed block information
- Carbon analysis
- Growth and yield analysis
- Operational planning
- Land use planning
- Stewardship planning
Strategic planning for:
- Wood supply analysis
- Non-fibre values analysis
- Wildlife and species at risk analysis
Why Choose Our Forestry Team
Over 35 Years of
We have completed more approved Forest Management Plans (FMPs) than any other consultant in Western Canada
Registered Professional Foresters
We have over 15 RPFs on our team, including RPFs registered in Alberta, Saskatchewan and BC
Government Policy Requirements
We have developed a collaborative approach to engaging regulators during the planning process to get your approvals faster
Innovative and Cost-Effective Solutions
We are driven to find innovative ways to complete your project for less money
Looking for Forest Management Software?
Designed by forestry professionals, for forestry professionals, Silvacom FMS™ (Forest Management System) is an Esri-based integrated system of geospatial cloud-based forest management applications that empower forestry companies to plan harvesting activities, track operations, manage silviculture, generate georeferenced maps and much, much more.
With Silvacom FMS forestry software there is no need for companies to pay upfront software licensing fees, invest in their own infrastructure, or hire specialized staff to build and maintain an expensive system.