Here's how drones are contributing to the advancement of forestry and environmental management:
- Real-Time and Up-to-Date Imagery: Drone imagery offers an advantage over satellite imagery by providing current conditions of the forest, reflecting the present state rather than the last satellite flyover.
- Unparalleled Detail and Precision: The high-resolution imagery provides a comprehensive and precise understanding of the forest, allowing for more informed analysis and assessment.
- Enhanced Safety: Drones minimize risks by surveying difficult or hazardous areas, ensuring the safety of forestry professionals while providing crucial data for analysis.
- Time and Cost Savings: By leveraging drones, resources can be efficiently allocated, optimizing fieldwork efforts, and reducing unnecessary trips.
- Targeted Field Investigations: Drones enable forestry professionals to focus their field time on investigating specific problem areas. This targeted approach maximizes productivity and ensures resources are allocated to areas requiring attention.
- Seamless Integration with GIS: Drones produce orthophotos that facilitate spatial analysis and enhancing the overall forestry management workflow.
- Permanent Record and Collaboration: Drone imagery can be shared. This fosters effective communication, collaboration, and knowledge sharing among professionals involved in forest management.
Other Drone Services and Solutions:
- Harvest unit depletions and stockpile reports
- LiDAR and high-resolution imagery acquisition
- RPAS thermal and multispectral imaging
- Aerial surveying and mapping
- 3D modelling of structures
- Silviculture surveys
- Establishment / regeneration surveys
- Performance / free-to-grow surveys
- Data processing and analysis
- Biomass assessments