Many companies live in a decentralized world; project information, documents, maps, photos, surveys, inspections and reports are spread amongst team members making them difficult to access, analyze or report on. This is compounded by the shift-work nature of the industry.
With Silvacom SDMS (Surface Development Management System), data becomes centralized, but accessible via the web. So whether you’re in the office or the field, you have access to the information you need. SDMS has a project focus that organizes and simplifies information into an easy to understand dashboard, making managing and reporting painless and instant.
What makes SDMS different?
SDMS is built on a geospatial foundation (mappable data) and maintains your project’s history – add information once and it’s available for all projects. While traditional systems could lose important info between projects or even development phases (e.g. archeological site discovered in the project area), SDMS centralizes the storage of information to share between all projects and phases.
- Snapshot view of project progress
- Gantt chart illustrating planned vs. actual dates
- Summary graphs, charts and figures providing quick views of other pertinent information
Tracks Data, Documents and Photos
- Related to all phases and events of surface development on a project
- Geospatial foundation (mappable data)
- Secure, web-based centralized storage of all information
- Highlight site specific items to be inspected
- Track inspections
- Create follow-up actions and reports
- Track and communicate construction requirements to field staff related to environmental or other constraints
- Capture and document actions taken to satisfy the requirements identified
- Track spills and their statuses
- Integrated rules to identify reportable spills
- Stores and tracks photos by project/phase
- Automated and searchable metadata stored with each photo
- "Key Photos" feature allows users to select photos to be included in reports
- Generate instant reports for:
- Site Inspections
- Site Development History
- Generate instant reports for:
Geospatial Foundation (Mappable Data)
- All projects, documents and files are tied to a location
- Create maps of projects
- See how developments fit with other projects, known infrastructure or environmental concerns
- Web-based map editing to create plans for development
- Create and track multiple planning iterations between field and office staff
- Report card analyzing proposed plans against environmental and other constraints
- System generated package delivers proposed plans to survey companies to initiate development
The full SDMS suite is comprised of seven web-based applications providing a comprehensive management and tracking solution for development of oil, gas and utility operations. SDMS applications are available as part of the suite or as individual subscriptions.
The SDMS Dashboard presents a snapshot view of project progress and serves as a launch point for all SDMS applications. The pod-based design showcases Gantt charts (illustrating planned vs. actual dates), summary graphs and figures, providing pertinent information key to managing projects from early planning through to pre-production reclamation. Centrally store documents, maps or other files and include them in reports. Quick-launch buttons in the intuitive user interface make application workflow easy to understand and navigate allowing novice to experience users to collaborate seamlessly.
Identify, manage and track spills and clean-ups through a map interface.
Using an intuitive map viewer with integrated forms, input and record spill information to determine if spills are reportable and track their clean-up statuses. This application is designed to increase regulatory compliance and enable instant reports on spills.
Create, collaborate and track surface plan iterations between field and office staff.
Precise and easy to use map editing tools empower your office staff to collaborate with field personnel to create iterative surface plans. This robust planning tool tracks multiple plan versions, existing company infrastructure and development constraints. After the final plan is agreed on, the system produces a package to initiate the surveying of the development, including a report card highlighting the interaction of the plan’s location with environmental and other constraints.
Manage and track inspections and follow-up actions.
Perform inspections on assets (wellsites, pipelines, workspaces, etc.) and track findings and follow-up actions centrally. The streamlined user interface and integrated map viewer assists inspectors in identifying the correct asset to be inspected while reducing time to complete inspections.
Store and track all project photos in one centralized system.
This easy to use web application makes storing and tracking photos simple. Sort through project photo thumbnails or lists by development activity phase or perform a search to find photos by capture date, location, comments or even custom key words. Identify “key photos” to be included in automated reports to showcase development.
Track and communicate constraints to construction teams.
Relay construction requirements to the field staff related to environmental and other constraints identified. Construction crews then capture and document actions performed to satisfy the requirements for future reference and system reporting.
Site Development History
Instantly create and store project reports.
Produce a snapshot of the key information, statistics and documents for each project development. Create automated project as-built reports with detailed information and photos pulled from the other applications within the system. Reports are stored in the system as an additional pre-compiled reference for the project’s development history.
Want to Know More?
Call us today at 780-462-3238.